School backpacks are bulging, the Christmas lights are stored away again, and our calendars now say 2020. These glaring signs mean the New Year has begun. At Camp La Junta, today is our official first day back in the office after enjoying the holidays at home with our families. We’re thinking about the upcoming summer (frankly, we’ve been doing a good bit of that since the last one ended). And with the New Year comes New Year Resolutions.
Not everyone participates in this tradition, but I always have. Resolutions help me to set and meet important goals in life. They focus my mind toward where I want to be or what I want to become. That’s right — I’m still “becoming.” Amid a busy, face-paced year, goals provide me with focus and stability.
In fact, we talk about goal-setting with our campers on their first night at La Junta and encourage them to think about what they would like to accomplish during their adventures and experience here.
But long before our next pack of campers arrives, I will have my own summer goal-setting in place.
Here are my Camp La Junta Resolutions for Summer 2020:
- To hire qualified and enthusiastic staffers to provide our campers with an incredible, smile-generating experience!
- To make sure each camper is seen and treated as an individual who is having his own uniquely awesome experience!
- To challenge our campers mentally and physically, which encourages a confidence-building, amazing life experience!
- To surprise campers with new activities and special events throughout the summer!
- To be the best Camp La Junta we can be!
Camp will be here before you know it! We’re counting down the minutes!!!
Happy New Year